1. for their microbiological stabilization. We recommend a special study for each cosmetic formulation,
2. for a local aseptizing activity on skin and relative areas (hair...). For example:
1) care of oily skin and/or skin with acneic tendencies because of:
- its antimicrobial effect on specific strains,
- its inhibiting effect of the lipase of P. acnes,
- its indirect anti-irritating effect (slows the hydrolysis of the sebaceous triglycerides),
2) anti-dandruff care (action on Pityrosporum ovale),
3) deodorant preparations.
- as a cutaneous aseptizer: 0.10% to 0.20,
- as the activity of anti dandruff: 0.03% to 0.05%.
- as a preservative: 0.01% to 0.1%.